Macaroni with mussels
Lunch or Dinner
- 500g macaroni
- 500g canned shelled mussels
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Minerva
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (sweet or spicy according to taste)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dill
Step by step directions
Combine chopped herbs and set aside.
Drain the mussels and remove the tough little hairs in the centre of each.
Cook macaroni according to directions on the package.
In the meantime, heat the olive oil and add the onion and red pepper flakes.
Sauté for 2 minutes and add wine.
Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the herbs, salt and pepper and allow to simmer for about one minute.
Add the mussels, simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
Drain macaroni and add the mussel sauce.
Toss together and serve immediately.