Beef Sausage Tomato Sauce
with Balsamic Cream
Lunch or Dinner
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 400 gr beef sausage, sliced
- 400 gr (1 can) chopped tomatoes with their juice
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water, warm
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons TOP balsamic cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powde
Step by step directions
Heat a large frying pan over medium high. Add the oil and sausage and cook gently for a few minutes till it starts to brown. Add the onion and lower the heat to medium low.
When the onion turns translucent, add the tomatoes, the water mixed with the tomato paste, the balsamic cream, the salt and the spices. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens to your liking.
Serve with pasta of your preference.
Penne, or any short pasta is very well suited to this sauce. Alternatively you can serve with chips (French fries) or pitta bread. If using pitta bread, a dollop of yogurt is also a lovely garnish.